Mrs. Gupta has been closely associated with NCERT, CBSE and NPSC and her contribution to these associations has been widely appreciated by the concerned authorities. As an educationist, she has been a role model and has set an example of excellence in academics, effectiveness in pedagogy, soundness in discipline and harmony in inter-personal relationships.
Inspired by the philosophy of Friedrich Frobel, John Dewy, Maria Montessori, Jean Pigaet and the Reggio Emilia approach on Early Childhood Education, Mrs. Gupta has been instrumental in conceptializing and setting up the Khaitan Pre School. She believes that the brain of a baby develops rapidly 0-3 years of age and thus must be exposed to an enriched environment. The Khaitan Pre School provides appropriate infrastructure and age applicable curriculum so that the child is ready and confident to enter a formal school at the age of Three Plus.
A strong believer in values and ethics, Mrs. Gupta has ensured that the school atmosphere is vibrant, and has been promoting the secular and the spiritual heritage of India through numerous school activities and functions. In fact, her personal motto is “Love” which is an all comprehensive sentiment that takes into its ambit all possible values. Mrs Gupta is also a keen environmentalist and has been closely linked with the projects and activities launched by the Centre for Science and Environment – Delhi.
Meanwhile, in the field of performing arts, Mrs. Gupta has not only conceptualized but has choreographed innovative ballets with themes projecting Indian mythology, culture and international peace and harmony. In sports, she has hosted and organised Inter School Basketball tournaments, recognized by and affiliated with the Delhi Basketball Association for girls and boys wherein teams from reputed schools in Delhi and the NCR have participated.
Mrs Gupta has indeed an innovative approach to education and aims at blending modernity with tradition and logic with love vis a vis the school curriculum.
Awards and Accolades:
- Honoured by the All India Sports Council with Spardha Shree Award for excellence in the field of Education, September 1998.
- International Award by the Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment, Government of India on World Environment Day, 2003.
- Honoured with Shakuntalam Samman for her valuable contribution in nation-building, social service, education and promotion of Indian Art by Avantika in 2004.
- Honoured with Life Time Achievement Award by the National and International Compendium.
- Honoured with Bhartiya Sahitya Samman by Avantika for conveying a message propagating the values of humanity in modern forms of Art and Literature, October 2005.
- Honoured with Jewel of India Award by the Indian Solidarity Council for outstanding achievement in the chosen field of activity, 2007.
- Honoured with Avantika Sanhitya Shiromani Samman by Avantika for the remarkable contribution in national-building, social welfare, environment protection and promotion of Indian Art, October 2007.
- Honoured with the Avantika Sahitya Shiromani Samman international level and a shawl by former Health Minister, Dr. Harshvardhan, former Governor, Mr. B.N. Singh, at Rajinder Prasad Bhawan, New Delhi, April 2008.
- Honoured with the Sarla Chopra Memorial Award by the D.A.V. Management for the contribution in the field of Indian Culture and Education, August 2008.
- Honoured with Avantika Shikshak Samman International level, by the Chairman, DAV at the India International Centre, October 2008.
- Honoured with Saria Sahitya Samman International level by the Chairman, DAV at the India International Centre, October 2008.
- Honoured by United Group of Institutions, Allahabad for distinguished services in the academic world, 13th April, 2010.
- Honoured with Avantika Silver Jubilee Award on 14th April’10 for invaluable and path breaking contribution for the promotion of social welfare, education, Indian art and culture.
- Honoured with Amity Excellence Award on 24th Feb’2011 for outstanding contribution in the field of education.
- Honoured with “Gem Of India Award” on 27th July, 2016 by All India Achievers’ Conference, for her distinguished services in the field of Education.
- Honoured with “Bharat Vidya Shiromani Award” on 21st December, 2016 for her outstanding achievements in the field of Education by “International Institute of Education and Management, New Delhi”.
- Honoured with “National Mahila Rattan Gold Medal Award” and was given a certificate and a gold medal.
- Honoured with “Lifetime Education Achievement Award” by National & International Compendium, New Delhi on 2nd November, 2017 for her outstanding achievements and remarkable role in the field of Education.
- Honoured with the citation “Inspiring Educator of NCR” on 1st of August 2018 on behalf of Outdoor Education Research Team of Great Rocksport for her initiative and invaluable contribution in reinventing the school for the all round development of school students.
- Honoured with “Pride of India Award – 2018” by “Global Leaders Foundation” on 24th October, 2018 for Excellence in School Education, on basis of her splendid achievement and outstanding contribution towards the development of value based school education in India.