Mrs. Gupta has been closely associated with NCERT, CBSE and NPSC and her contribution to these associations has been widely appreciated by the concerned authorities. As an educationist, she has been a role model and has set an example of excellence in academics, effectiveness in pedagogy, soundness in discipline and harmony in inter-personal relationships.
Inspired by the philosophy of Friedrich Frobel, John Dewy, Maria Montessori, Jean Pigaet and the Reggio Emilia approach on Early Childhood Education, Mrs. Gupta has been instrumental in conceptializing and setting up the Khaitan Pre School. She believes that the brain of a baby develops rapidly 0-3 years of age and thus must be exposed to an enriched environment. The Khaitan Pre School provides appropriate infrastructure and age applicable curriculum so that the child is ready and confident to enter a formal school at the age of Three Plus.
A strong believer in values and ethics, Mrs. Gupta has ensured that the school atmosphere is vibrant, and has been promoting the secular and the spiritual heritage of India through numerous school activities and functions. In fact, her personal motto is “Love” which is an all comprehensive sentiment that takes into its ambit all possible values. Mrs Gupta is also a keen environmentalist and has been closely linked with the projects and activities launched by the Centre for Science and Environment – Delhi.
Meanwhile, in the field of performing arts, Mrs. Gupta has not only conceptualized but has choreographed innovative ballets with themes projecting Indian mythology, culture and international peace and harmony. In sports, she has hosted and organised Inter School Basketball tournaments, recognized by and affiliated with the Delhi Basketball Association for girls and boys wherein teams from reputed schools in Delhi and the NCR have participated.
Mrs Gupta has indeed an innovative approach to education and aims at blending modernity with tradition and logic with love vis a vis the school curriculum.
Awards and Accolades:
- Honoured by All India Sports Council with Spardha Shree Award for excellence in the field of Education on 05th September, 1998.
- International Award on the World Environment Day by Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment, Govt. of India in 2003.
- Honoured with ShakuntalamSamman for her valuable contribution in nation building, social service, education and promotion of Indian Art by Avantika in 2004.
- Honoured with Life Time Achievement Award by National and International Compendium in 2005.
- Honoured with Jewel of India Award in 2007 by Indian Solidarity Council for Outstanding Achievement in the field Education.
- Honoured with Sarla Chopra Memorial Award in on 04th August, 2008 by DAV Management for contribution in the field of Indian Culture and Education.
- Honoured by United Group of Institutions, Allahabad for distinguished services in the academic World, 13th April, 2010.
- Honoured with Avantika Silver Jubliee Award on 14th April, 2010 for invaluable and path breaking contribution for the promotion of social welfare, education, Indian Art & Culture.
- Honoured with Amity Excellence Award on 24th February, ‘11 for outstanding contribution in the field of education – organized by Amity International Business School and Amity Global Business School in the 13th International Business Summit and Research Conference (INBUSH).
- Recognised and awarded by Helpage India, Cancer Society of India and Goonj for her rich contribution towards social and economic causes.
- Has been conferred upon with the prestigious “Gem of India Award” at the 80th National Seminar on the theme “INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENTS & NATION BUILDING” held on Wednesday, 27th July, 2016 by All India Achievers’ Conference, for her distinguished services in the field of Education spanning almost 40 years.
- Was honoured with “Bharat Vidya Shiromani Award” on 21st December, 2016 for her outstanding achievements in the field of Education by “International Institute of Education and Management, New Delhi”.
- Was recognized by Indian Solidarity Council, New Delhi on 21st December, 2016 and was decorated with “National Mahila Rattan Gold Medal Award”.
- Was honoured with “Lifetime Education Achievement Award” by National & International Compendium, New Delhi on 2nd November, 2017 for her outstanding achievements and remarkable role in the field of Education.
- Was honoured with the citation “Inspiring Educator of NCR” on 1st of August 2018 on behalf of Outdoor Education Research Team of Great Rocksport for initiative and invaluable contribution in reinventing school for all round development of school students.