The child centric syllabus in Pre-primary is in accordance with Playway and Montessori method blended with activity-based teaching as advocated by Jean Piaget, John Dewey, Friedrich Frobel and the Reggio Emilia approach.The syllabus is designed to cater to the individual interests and potential of children and to enhance the social, creative and cognitive skills and address their emotional quotient so that the children are happy and engaged at school.
An array of activities like creative expressions through Art & Craft, enhancing body rhythm by dancing, exploring and nurturing the latent talent through music, language enrichment program by promoting listening & speaking skills through storytelling, conversation, role play, picture story and story crafting, technology integration, extensive use of audio visual aids to make classroom learning more enjoyable and training fine motor skills, wellness program which will help in developing gross motor skills through yoga & meditation, karate, skating, outdoor activities, slides & swings, splash pool, ride on the toy train and various competitions and celebrations provide ample opportunities to develop and showcase their creativity.
To give a wide (age applicable) exposure following activities are included in the curriculum.
- Morning Assembly
- Train / Joy ride
- Nature walk
- Splash Pool
- Yoga & Meditation
- Swings, Climbers, Slides
- Activity Room- Ball Pool, Toys & Puzzles
- Computer Lab-Computer Aided Learning( CAL)
- All classrooms are fitted with projectors, whiteboards and computers with speakers.
- Cartoon time
- Age applicable documentaries are shown on wild life, bird sanctuary, historical monuments, continents, solar system to engage the children and enhance their general awareness.
- Dance-Indian & Western
- Music- Instrumental & Vocal (Sangeet 4 All)
- Festivals, Special Days, Birthday Celebrations, Grand Parent’s day & Winter Carnival with parents.
- Active participation in Inter Class as well as Inter School Competitions.
- Art & Craft
- Annual Exhibition- Art & Craft created by students are exhibited.
- Excursions- Local
- Annual concert (Nursery & Prep) once in a year- ensures 100% participation.
- Graduation Ceremony (Prep) once in a year.
- Sports Activities- Fun races
- Helen ‘O’ Grady International English Speech and Personality Development Program(optional).