The child centric curriculum in Pre-Primary is in accordance with Playway and Montessori method blended with activity-based teaching as advocated by Jean Piaget, John Dewy, Friedrich Frobel and the Reggio Emilia approach.
The curriculum is designed to cater to the individual potential and interests of children.
An array of activities like painting, singing, dancing, story telling with props, skating, karate, train ride and various competitions and celebrations provide ample opportunities to develop and showcase their creativity.
A variety of purposeful activities promote firsthand experiences, useful for learning, which follows simultaneously from the books and worksheets.
Following are the activities included in the curriculum:
- Morning Assembly
- Train Ride
- Swings, Climbers, Slides
- Nature Walk
- Activity Room – all games – ball pool, puzzles, role play etc.
- Computer Literacy Programme
- Dance – Indian, Western and Jazz
- Music – Instrumental and Vocal
- All class rooms are fitted with projectors, whiteboards and computers with speakers.
- Splash Pool
- Art and Craft
- Festivals, Special Days, Birthday Celebrations, Grand Parents’ Day and Winter Carnival with Parents.
- Active participation in Inter- Class as well as Inter-School Competitions.
- Annual Exhibition; Art and Craft work created by students, are exhibited.
- Excursions (Local)
- Annual Concert (Nursery and Prep) once in a year – ensures 100% participation.
- Sports Activities – Fun races.
- Graduation Ceremony (Prep) once in a year.
- Helen O’Grady International English Speech and Personality Development Programme (optional).