If there is one field of life which teaches us the most valuable lessons about perseverance, patience in fact what constitutes a perfect character, it is sports. It is one of the major part of a student’s holistic growth.
The overall development of its students has always been a priority for the Khaitan school. Thus, on February 4th, Saturday, the Khaitan school hosted the ANNUAL SPORTS DAY 2022–23. After a hiatus of two years due to the lingering fear of the COVID-19 pandemic, the school organized one of its most signature events. The Sports Day embodies the zeal, talents and spirit of sportsmanship of the students,encouraging them to be persistent and to refine their talents, achieving the greatest of heights. It was a great opportunity for students to engage in healthy competition and socialize with their peers while promoting physical activity and healthy living.
The students at Khaitan school participated in various athletic competitions and games such as track and field races, relays, Taekwondo drills, and other sports., showcasing their physical abilities and sportsmanship. The Khaitan School’s annual sports day perfectly captures the school’s student’s’ enthusiasm, talent, and spirit of sportsmanship. They were thrilled to take part in the momentous occasion and worked hard to make it a success.
During the opening ceremony, which was presided over by Respected Principal Ma’am, students displayed their marching abilities with a parade. The torch lighting ceremony was also carried out by Principal Ma’am, and the torch was then passed to the school’s top athletes.
After the opening ceremony , various events were organized by the sports department of the school.
- March past- One of the traditional parts of the Annual Sports Day, the students participated in a parade, led by a flag-bearer, to showcase their unity, discipline, and sportsmanship.A strong message of camaraderie and unity delivered by the march past, recharged the audience.
- Tug O’ War- It is an event which demands brute strength, sheer endurance and excellent team coordination, and was definitely the most anticipated event of the day. This event held between the teachers and the students, enraptured the audience as the level of excitement drastically went up pull after pull.
- Yoga Aakriti- In order to help students to improve their flexibility, strength, balance, concentration, reduce stress and anxiety, the school incorporated Yoga as an event. A robust mind and a lively body is the fundamental requirement to live a long and happy life with message in mind, the Yoga display of Classes III aimed to enlighten to the audience the merits of living a fit and healthy life.
- Athletic Events ( Obstacle Races , Relay Race)- Students participated in events like obstacle race, 100m & 200m race & relay races.In the obstacle race, participants navigated various physical obstacles in order to complete the course. The students ran, jumped, climbed, crawled and maneuver through various obstacles such as hurdles, ropes, walls, and balance beams. The race was timed, and students were judged based on factors such as speed, agility, and teamwork. It was a fun and challenging way for students to improve their physical fitness, coordination, and problem-solving skills. In the 200 m relay race, a team of students took turns running a set distance, passing a baton to their teammate, until all team members completed the course. The team with the fastest overall time won.
- Taekwondo drill- The next event, titled, ‘Stance n Strike’ by class lII – V ,was yet another compelling display of talent which stressed upon the need to assert oneself, to break free from shackles and strengthen one’s power as the students’ taekwondo skills stole the show. It incorporated partner work, self-defense techniques, and breaking of boards or other objects to showcase the power and skill of the students that participated.
- Mass demonstration ( sari drill )- The audience were in for a visual treat as the primary students of the campus, that is, grade IV-V students performed to rhythmic beats in a programme titled ‘Kolour Kaleidoscope’.
- Zumba Dance- A smorgasbord of coordinated rhythmic performances by students of middle and senior school gave way to the adrenaline charged atmosphere. It provided an opportunity for participants to get active and enjoy themselves. It was a fun and energetic addition to the event and everyone enjoyed it thoroughly.
The annual sports day was not just for students; faculty from the Khaitan School participated in a tug-of-war competition with the students and displayed the highest level of sportsmanship.
Parents of students were also invited to attend and support the students. They enthusiastically participated in several events during the annual sports meet, including the ball balancing race and the sponge ball race. This encouraged the Sports Department to hold more similar events in the future.
The athlete’s celebrations came next after these events. Prizes and awards are given out to the winners and runners-up. T he Principal and the school heads felicitated the rightful winners with medals and certificates of excellence.
Following that, the Vote of Thanks was proposed by the HOJS Mrs. Seema Khurana. The whole gathering with immense pride sang the National Anthem which marked the splendorous end of the day.
Overall, the day is meant to promote healthy competition, teamwork, and physical fitness, while also providing a fun and engaging experience for everyone involved. It helped in fostering a sense of sportsmanship and team spirit among the participants and was a great success.